– For the ninth year, SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services will hold its primary annual fundraiser, Dancing With the Tri-Cities Stars on Saturday, June 10, 2017, at the MeadowView Conference Center from 5-11PM. SteppenStone is proud to announce that Citi will be the Presentation Sponsor of this event for the second year.
Here is a list of the Stars taking the floor this year:
- Sherrie Jessee- Award Winning Hair and Makeup Artist
- Pamela Johnson- Co-Owner, Roberts Furniture
- Stefanie Roberts- Co-Owner/Stylist – DeCorum Hair Salon
- Nichole Stoops- Sales Manager, Staff Pro
- Angela Vachon- CEO, Urban Synergy Downtown Commercial and Loft Development Company
- Danny Blackburn- National Sales Director, Cantech Industries Inc.
- Jameer Chester- Clinical Sales Specialist, Dendreon Pharma
- Jeff Goebel- Personal Trainer, Crossfit/Master Athlete, Federal Employee, VAML
- Brian Griffith- General Manager, Toyota of Kingsport
- Rusty Morrell- Entrepreneur, Producer/Owner Real Hot Yoga, Real Estate Broker
The Tri-Cities Stars are taught by Mike and Kim Adler, of Johnson City. Both Mike and Kim achieved World Champion status with their professional partners and as a couple with the United Country Western Dance Council.
The dancers will each perform two dances. The women will wear original dresses from Randall Designs that were worn on ABC’s Dancing With the Stars. Mirror-ball trophies will be awarded to the highest scoring man and woman. Awards will also be given for the top fundraisers.
All of the money raised from this event goes to SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services. SteppenStone is a non-profit, 501c3 residential treatment facility for adolescent boys ages 13-17 years old who have experienced significant trauma, abuse and/or neglect and have developed emotional and behavioral disorders. In addition to the residential center, SteppenStone provides a licensed school, foster care, and adoption services. They also have just opened a new group home and staffed foster home for those children who no longer need to be at SteppenStone but do not yet have foster or adoptive homes. The primary goal of SteppenStone is to help these young men heal and develop skills to become successful, healthy adults. There are currently 45 children who live at SteppenStone, the new group home, and the staffed foster home.
Tickets to the event are $115 and can be purchased at www.dancingwiththetricitiesstars.com beginning in March.
For more information on the Dancing with Tri-Cities Stars event, contact Dessi Foster at 423-292-2919.