For the tenth year, SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services will hold its primary annual fundraiser, Dancing with the Tri-Cities Stars on Saturday, June 9th, 2018, at the MeadowView Conference Center from 5-11PM. SteppenStone is proud to announce that Citi will be the Presentation Sponsor of this event for the third year. This year’s event will include an elegant tapas-style dinner, incredible silent and live auction, after-party, and special “Decade of Dance” exhibition during dinner featuring past contestants from the last 9 years of the show. The Tri-Cities Stars are taught by Mike and Kim Adler, of Johnson City. Both Mike and Kim achieved World Champion status with their professional partners and as a couple with the United Country Western Dance Council.
The dancers will each perform two dances. Mirror-ball trophies will be awarded to the highest scoring man and woman. Awards will also be given for the top fundraisers.
All the money raised from this event goes to SteppenStone Youth Treatment Services. SteppenStone is a non-profit, 501c3 residential treatment facility for adolescent boys ages 13-17 years old who have experienced significant trauma, abuse and/or neglect and have developed emotional and behavioral disorders. In addition to the residential center, SteppenStone has a licensed school, group home, and foster home. The primary goal of SteppenStone is to help these young men heal and develop skills to become successful, healthy adults. There are currently 45 children who live at SteppenStone, the group home, and the staffed foster home.
Tickets to the event are now on sale for $115 and can be purchased at www.dancingwiththetricitiesstars.com. For information on the Dancing with Tri-Cities Stars event, contact Dessi Foster at 423-292-2919.
Here is a list of the Stars taking the floor this year:
• Jill Salyers- Vice President of Institutional Advancement, Tusculum College
• Katelyn Yarbrough- General Manager, Historic Eureka Inn
• Dr. Mailien Rogers- Medical Oncologist, James H. Quillen VA Medical Center
• Tracy Fleenor- COO and Development Partner, Mitch Cox Companies
• Paige Peters- Human Resource Manager, American Greetings
• Mickey Baker- Entrepreneur/Owner, Subway and Moes Southwest Grill and Co-Owner, VIPSEEN Magazine
• Dr. Briddger Chatman- Chiropractor, Collart Chiropractic
• Nathan Jackson- President, Jackson Jones Construction
• Tracy Solomon- Founder and President, TEVET
• Pat Shell- Owner, Shell Signs, Wraps & Graphicsat 423-292-2919.