Hendersonville, NC—Garden Jubilee, one of the largest gardening shows in Western North Carolina, will be held Saturday, May 25 and Sunday, May 26 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. during Memorial Day weekend. More than 265 plant and craft vendors will line Main Street from Sixth Avenue all the way down to Caswell Street, transforming the downtown area into an eight-block garden wonderland. Garden Jubilee is expected to draw 200,000 visitors to Hendersonville. It was named as one of the Southeast Tourism Society’s “Top 20 Events in the Southeast” for May 2019.
Garden Jubilee is a gardener’s shopping paradise with 265 vendor spaces lining Main Street. Local and regional nurseries will be selling 1000’s of annuals, perennials, vegetables, herbs and hard to find plants on every block of the festival. Crafters create distinctive garden art to enhance the beauty of your yard. There will be handmade lawn furniture, jewelry, garden tools, yard art, planters, wind chimes, birdhouses, as well as soaps and pottery. Learn the latest techniques and tips from regional gardening experts located throughout the festival.
The Lowe’s Expo will be located at the Visitor Center at 201 South Main Street. It will feature lawn and garden workshops, a variety of plants for sale, beautiful patio displays, exhibits on how to build block walls and patios using pavers, outdoor furniture, grills and lawn equipment.
Garden Jubilee is going back to its’ roots by showcasing regional gardening experts giving free clinics throughout the event at the Visitor Center. The expanded schedule of clinics offer a variety of topics from planting to composing. Make sure to bring a pen and paper to take notes and ask questions.
- “What to Grow in the Shady Part of Your Yard” Saturday, May 25, 10:00 a.m.
- “Native Plants & Pollinating Insects” Saturday, May 25, 11:00 a.m.
- “Using Unique Trees in Your Landscaping” Saturday, May 25, 12:00 p.m.
- “Techniques Used to Prune Woody Plants” Saturday, May 25, 1:00 p.m.
- “Fescue Lawns and How to Care for Them” Saturday, May 25, 2:00 p.m.
- “Native Bees – Nature’s Pollination Machines” Sunday, May 26, 10 a.m.
- “Don’t Spoil it, Soil it! Composting 101” Sunday, May 26, 11 a.m.
- “Mushroom Log Inoculation” Sunday, May 26, 12 p.m.
- “Starting a Veggie Garden in Western NC” Sunday, May 26, 1 p.m.
- “Building Joy in to Your Garden” Sunday, May 26, 2 p.m.
Two hospitality tents will be available during the festival. One will be located on South Main Street in front of the Historic Courthouse between First and Second Avenues, while the second location be on North Main Street at the corner of Fifth Avenue and Main Street. The hospitality tents offer shoppers an area to leave their purchases with festival volunteers so visitors can continue to shop without lugging plants and bags. A festival map and vendor directory will be available for shoppers searching for a particular vendor, product or general information.
Shoppers are welcome to bring a wagon to make transporting purchases easier
Hendersonville city ordinances prohibit animals in the event area, please leave pets comfortably at home.
Go online for additional information about Garden Jubilee to,
or call the Henderson County Tourism Development Authority at 828-693-9708 or 800-828-4244.